Sunday, April 3, 2011

"The Books of LOST" pages


The next two pages reference the books seen and referred to on LOST.
While I have many of the books listed (most specifically purchased
because of the LOST-reference), I thought I'd devote this
post to the books in my collection about LOST.

Some of the books deal with themes of faith and religion.
Others are guides by my favorite recappers. 

Some of the books provide insight, some postulate theories -
mostly proven wrong now that the series has yielded
answers to many (but not all) of our questions.

All of the books have something to offer, 
even if only a perspective different from my own

There were three serialized novels released after Season 1:

They were all pretty awful. But shame on me because I bought them
and read them all. Another novel written specifically with a
LOST tie-in was Bad Twin.
It was "written" by Oceanic 815 passenger Gary Troup.

My most recent LOST book purchase was by digital download,  
written by one of my favorite LOST recappers, Pearson Moore:
LOST Humanity: The Mythology and Themes of LOST
The rest of the books about LOST in my collection are listed below.
They are listed in no particular order, except the order I
pulled them from the shelf.

My first LOST book purchase was 
The LOST Chronicles, The Official Companion Book
by Mark Cotta Vaz.

Literary LOST, Viewing Television Through the Lens of Literature
by Sarah Clarke Stuart

Things You Never Noticed About LOST, Past Perceptions and Future Theories
by Vozzek.

LOST Mind Games
by Anne Dawson

"Completely Unauthorized"
Getting LOST, Survival, Baggage and Starting Over in J.J. Abrams LOST
edited by Orson Scott Card

"Completely Unauthorized"
The Myth of LOST, Solving the Mysteries and Understanding the Wisdom
by Marc Oromaner

LOST Episode Guide for Others
"An Unofficial Anthology"
by Robert Dougherty
(This book is signed by author inside front cover.)

Nikki Stafford has long been one of my favorite recappers
and I eagerly orderly her Finding LOST "Unofficial Guides" for each season.


   

  

LOST Messages From the Island, The Best of LOST The Official Magazine

LOST Ate My Life, The Inside Story of a Fandom Like No Other
by Jon "DocArzt" Lachonis and Amy "hijinx" Johnston
(I really relate to that title)

LOST and Philosophy, The Island Has Its Reasons
edited by Sharon M. Kaye
Note: This book was on the reading list for LOST University.

Unlocking the Meaning of LOST
"An Unauthorized Guide"
by Lynnette Porter and David Lavery

LOST'S Buried Treasures
by Lynnette Porter, David Lavery and Hillary Robson

Living LOST, Why We're All Stuck on the Island
by J, Woods

What Can Be Found in LOST, Insights on God and the Meaning of Life
by John Ankerberg and Dillon Burroughs

LOST, A Search for Meaning
by Christain Piatt

The Gospel According to LOST
by Chris Seay
Note: This book is illustrated with "The Saints of LOST"
by Scott Erickson


Reading LOST
edited by Roberta Pearson

...and last, but certainly not least
The LOST Encyclopedia
written by Paul Terry and Tara Bennett
 and published by DK Publishing.
It is an epic compilation!

Just a little postscript...I adored/never missed
Jeff "Doc" Jensen's LOST posts and recaps at EW.com
I printed each and every one of them, giggling
all the while over some of his LOST Theories.
They were always entertaining and often
visited ideas I had quietly posed to myself.
The pages currently fill 3 large binders
and I would be thrilled to see the essays 
published in a book. I need the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment