Saturday, December 4, 2010

Benjamin Linus




Six pages of The LOST Encyclopedia are devoted to Ben Linus.
There were several incarnations of Ben in LOST.

Young Ben was portrayed by Sterling Beaumon.
My collection includes a 6"x4" postcard from Comic Con 2010....


...an autographed trading card from Rittenhouse LOST Archives,

Rittenhouse LOST Archives Character card #11


Rittenhouse LOST Relics costume card
featuring young Ben's shirt #61/350


and two autographed 8"x10" photos.


One of the Cancer Gets LOST auction items 
that I bid on and won is this 
LOST Encyclopedia signed by the writers/producers and 
many cast members.  Sterling Beaumon/young Ben 
was one of the cast members who signed.

(screencap used with the permission of Cancer Gets LOST)

(signing photo used with permission of Cancer Gets LOST)



I received this painting by Sterling Beaumon 
as a gift from my friend Sue H.
Sue received it as a donation incentive during
an "Autism Speaks"' fundraiser.
It was painted during the time Sterling
portrayed young Ben on LOST.
Michael Emerson portrayed the adult Ben.
"Henry Gale" was the identity Ben assumed when he infiltrated the Losties.


I don't know it it has an official title, but I am calling it
"Ben x 2".  The numbers can be seen just below adult Ben.


It is signed near the the bottom. 


Our first introduction to ben Linus 
was in the persona of Henry Gale.

"Linus" Tshirt from teefury.com

Sicker by jimiyo

Inkworks LOST Revelations "The Others" card #41


Inkworks LOST Season 2 Character card #72


That persona is also depicted on an autographed card from the
Inkworks LOST Season 2 trading card set.

Henry Gale is also depicted in a clay sculpture in my collection....

...and a 8"x10" limited edition mosaic, made up of hundreds of tiny LOST images. 
The mosaic is #7/25.

Bif Bang Pow! created Benjamin Linus 8" action figure,
dressed in the persona of Henry Gale.


I have been having so much fun customizing Mego Ben:

during The Purge and Ben's patricide 


and much, much later...

Ben Linus was such a pivotal character in LOST.
My collection reflects his importance.

In addition to the "Henry Gale" trading cards,
Michael Emerson as Ben Linus is  featured on quite a few other trading cards:

Inkworks LOST Season 3 Character card #62


Inkworks LOST Season 3 Autograph Card

Rittenhouse LOST Season 1-5 Promo Card

Rittenhouse LOST Seasons 1-5 Autograph Card

Rittenhouse LOST Seasons 1-5 Artifex Card

Rittenhouse Archives Autograph Card

Rittenhouse LOST Archives Character card #10

 

Fragments of the same shirt are used on two
Rittenhouse costume cards.

Rittenhouse LOST Archives Costume Card #13/375 


Rittenhouse LOST Relics Costume Card #349/350


3"x5" autographed card


Character card by Paul Burrows/Room23Store


Ben is also featured on two limited edition ACEO sketch cards in my collection. 
The first is by Geri Centonze and is #2/10.


The second is by Trevor Murphy and is #1/15.


Sketch card of Ben by Augustin Iglesias.
The portrait is a limited edition ACEO
card, numbered #2/15 and is signed by the artist on the
back of the card.


The illustration is the same portrait sketch that appeared
in Pearson Moore's book, LOST Identity.
Ben's chapter is entitled "The Leader"
and the sketch appears on page 86.

5.5" x 8.5" postcard by Yehudi Mercado

PaperPal Ben Linus


...and as part of the complete collection of  LOST Paperpals
LOST The Whole Cast


I also have two 8" x 10" photos signed by Michael Emerson.


LOST Season 5 "Destiny Calls" poster 24" x 36"
signed by cast members for 
"Stand Up To Cancer" fundraiser

Ben Linus is a Bobble Head....

and a cartoon character in LOST The Animated Series by Mike Myers.

Benjamin Linus

The character of Ben Linus is also featured in quite a bit of
 LOST-themed art in my collection.
"Smoke Break" by Lauren Gregg. My print is #2/100.
The original was purchased by Damon Lindelof 
LOST Art Exhibit at Gallery 1988.

Ben is prominently featured in "You All, Everybody" by Jim MacLeod.
My print is #8/50.

Dr. Linus is the subject of this 12" x 16" print by 
GideonSlife. My print is #12/25.
I haven't had an opportunity to frame it yet.
It's still living in my portfolio.
  

Dr. Linus is also featured as an icon on the Ty Mattson print "Final Season".

My print is #1/100.
 

Benjamin Linus is included in Don Pinset's spectacular
LOST Caricature compilation print.
I hope to have my print framed shortly.
It measures 24" x 36" and is just FANTASTIC!


He is included in a caricature by Mike Leuszler

Ben is a chibi in Sasha Servey's LOST Chibi #3

 Ben is included in Tyler Stout's "LOST"....


and his words to Miles, right before Ben shot 
Charles Widmore are captured in an 11"x17" print by FroDesign
My print is #8/42.

Ben is one of "The Saints of LOST"
by Scott Erickson.

Ben - Patron Saint of Dutiful Tyrants

The most well known of my Benjamin Linus art is
"my name is Henry gale, my name is Benjamin Linus, my name is.."
by Todd Slater. It was the 14th print in the LOST Underground Art Project
aka DamonCarltonAndAPolarBear, Series I.
My print is #210/300. It has not been framed yet and is still living in my flat file.

I saw an awesome LOST poster on listed on eBay
and did a  Google search for the artist. I found his store
and sent him an email inquiring about the poster, and
if he'd be willing to sign the print.
Matt Busch is the artist and as you can see, he signed!
Ben is featured in the upper right corner.


The poster is hanging in my office.


The print is still available in Matt Busch's store:

One of the amazing original works of art
in the LOST Underground Art Show 
at Gallery 1988 in December 2009
was titled "No Man Is An Island"
by Jullian Callos.
The ink, acrylic and gouache on watercolor paper
sold for $480.00
You can see all of the original work of art here:

My friend Alice/comixguru tweeted about
a month ago that "No Man Is An Island"
was available for purchase as a print!
The 12" x 12" print is hanging in my LOST room

Another Ben-themed original painting by Julian Callos 
was featured in "The Bad Robot Art Experience" exhibit at Gallery 1988
Mr. Callos later made a print version of the painting available.

Ben is #117 in
"Jacob Loves You" by Jared Wong.
The print was created for Cancer Gets LOST.
(photo used with the permission of Cancer Gets LOST)

Branden Otto diptych

The individual titles of the prints are Candidates and Just Progress.
My prints are both #9/50.
Ben is pictured in Candidates.

Apparently, Ben sings!
"Make Your Own Kind of Music" by Joey Spiotto
was included in the Bad Robot Art Experience at Gallery 1988.
My print is #62/108.

Ben appears in the first and third of JJ Harrison's
LOST In Star Wars Trilogy

#6/160

"Return of the light" #6/109

***Update***

I also recently acquired 2 custom "Ben" autographed
card through a charity auction raising money for
The Ending Cancer in Our Generation Foundation.
The Ben cards, two of seven in the set,
are signed by Sterling Beaumon and Michael Emerson.
The cards measure 4" x 6"
with custom LOST bamboo border and featuring both 
The Numbers and Oceanic Airlines logo.


1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, you're my hero! You totally need to open a LOST museum!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete